CELEBRATING 50 YEARS OF ‘CLAN SINCLAIR CANADA’ 1972-2022
CSAC Gathering June 19th to 23rd, 2019 Winnipeg Manitoba – itinerary sketch
Wednesday June 19th - Arrive at Winnipeg and transfer to the Fort Garry Hotel
Thursday June 20th - Visit the Fisher River Cree Nation or alternative event – visiting Museums
Friday June 21st - Visit historic sites in and around Winnipeg + Free time
Saturday June 22nd - Visit Manitoba Highland Games + Formal Dinner & entertainment
Sunday June 23rd - Meetings: 1. Clan Sinclair USA – ‘AGM’; 2. Clan Sinclair Canada – ‘GM’
Please Note these Registration Details:
Planning and vendor negotiations continue as you read this note. To ensure we organize the best possible experience for you when you visit Winnipeg, our William and Nahoway Sinclair (W&N) descendant and CSAC Member, Luke Settee, is onsite in Winnipeg and is coordinating these activities.
We selected the above dates for this auspicious occasion for several reasons. Firstly, 2019 was the first opportunity CSAC could kick-off celebrations for the 50th Anniversary of the founding of Clan Sinclair Canada, 1972-2022. You will learn much more about how Dr. Edward Sinclair supported by his wife Roselma, foraged ahead holding meetings with Family and other Sinclairs from across Canada for years ‘till the deed was done!
Next, mid-June is a good month as the weather in Winnipeg should be pleasant. It is also ahead of tourist season, so we should avoid delays during our tour. It also coincides with “Indigenous Week in Canada!” Since we are honouring the descendants of William and Nahoway, we hope to join our Indigenous cousins in celebration.
And finally, what would a Clan Sinclair Gathering be if we didn’t celebrate our Scottish roots by participating with piping, highland dancing and a dram or two at the Manitoba Highland Games. However, we among other organizations are vying for the participation of various celebrities. For example, our visit to the Fisher River First Nation is being considered but not confirmed so we are organizing an alternative event. As well, our scheduled key-note speaker Senator Murray Sinclair recently advised he will not be available due to Senatorial commitments.
Our plan is to commence reserving your accommodations ASAP. Please contact the Fort Garry Hotel, Winnipeg by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by dialing toll free 1 800 665-8088 (local # 204 942-8251). Mention you are attending the Clan Sinclair Association of Canada Gathering June 19-23, 2019. Quote Group Code # 1121FO for either a “king bed” or “2 double beds” at the special room rate of $169.00 per night plus taxes. Various credit cards are accepted to hold your reservation.
Then, simply drop me an email with your contact information and the number in your party attending. We do not have a final cost estimate right now, but we are trying to keep it under $600.00 CDN for each person. At some point after I receive your registration note and when I know the final cost, I will send you a return email advising the amount in Canadian $$$ you will need to send to CSAC by the deadline Friday, March 1st, 2019.
We thank you in advance for your interest and support… see yah in Winnipeg!
Cheers aye, George
For 2019 Clan Sinclair Gathering information contact: GEORGE SINCLAIR – CSAC Secretary
CSAC - P.O. Box 100 – 332 Birch Acres Drive, Honey Harbour, Ontario CAN P0E 1E0 Tel. 1 705 756-8889
Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.clansinclair.ca
Preliminary Highlights for the CSAC Gathering June 19th to 23rd, 2019 Winnipeg Manitoba
Wednesday June 19th;
- Delegates arrive at Winnipeg and transfer to the Fort Garry Hotel
- Welcome reception, meet and greet, complimentary refreshments and hors d’oeuvres
- Presentation: “The Life & Times of William & Nahoway Sinclair”
Thursday June 20th;
- Visit to Fisher River First Nations Reserve – OR (alternative plan)
- Pre-planned visits to Museum of Man & Nature and Museum of Human Rights c/w Guide
- Hotel - Hospitality Suite sponsored by The St. Andrew’s Society of Winnipeg
Friday June 21st;
- Day trip by coach to interesting historic sites in and around Winnipeg
- Free time to explore: Interesting sites around Winnipeg i.e. HBC Museum
- Indigenous Day at the Forks – outdoor live entertainment
Saturday June 22nd;
- Day trip by coach to Selkirk to attend: the Manitoba Highland Gathering/Games
- Free time to explore; i.e. at the Games
- Pre-dinner Reception and Formal Dinner (Dress code - Jackets & “A Splash of Tartan”)
- First Nations; drummers, singers, dancers
- Piping, Highland dancing
- Presentations & Honouring the William & Nahoway descendants
Sunday June 23rd;
- Farewell to those delegates not attending the General Meetings
- Associations’ General Meetings: 1. Clan Sinclair USA – ‘AGM’;
- Farewell until next time –
- “A visit to Thurso, Caithness Scotland during July 2020 is being planned.”